This series of seminar lectures will provide a general
introduction into many important topics of high-performance
computing. The lectures will focus on concepts and general
ideas from the practical and pragmatic perspective of a user.
Summary of Topics:
- Introduction to High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Computer Architecture and Storage Hierarchy
- From Source Code to Executable
- Using Compilers, Profiling and Mathematical Libraries to optimize code for performance
- Networking and cluster computing
- How to find the best machine for my problem?
- Application Examples
There is no attendence fee, but seats will have to be reserved
webpage. The location of the seminars are posted on the registration
Problem Sets and Assignments:
Self-study problem sets and assignments as well as supporting
material to compliment the lectures with practical experiences
will be made available through this webpage.